Robbie Basho’s ‘Visions of the Country’ reissued on CD/LP 2013
Windhaming is proud to be a contributor to a new re-issue of Robbie Basho’s “Visions of the Country.” See the original Windhaming review here: https://windhaming.com/2010/01/23/whs-c-1005-robbie-basho-visions-of-the-country/
With the original master tapes long gone, Windhaming was charged with transcribing a pristine vinyl pressing to digital for mastering.
- Vinyl Vacuum: VPI HW-17 Record Cleaning Machine
- Turntable 1: VPI Scout; JMW-9 arm; Dynavector 10×5 cartridge
- Turntable 2: VPI Classic 1; JMW-10T arm; Dynavector XX-2 Mk II cartridge
- Gingko Cloud Isolation platform
- Cables: Furutech AG-12 tonearm cable
- Analog to Digital Converter: TC Impact Twin
- Computer: Apple Mac Mini
- Software: PureVinyl by Channel D
- Power Regeneration: PS Audio PowerPlant Premier
- Power Cables: Acoustic Zen Tsunami
Robbie Basho Visions of the Country Re-Issue Press Release
- Release dates: Vinyl: August 20 — CD: September 25, 2013
- July, 26, 2013
- Grass-Tops Recording
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Out of print for 35 years, Robbie Basho gains new recognition with this exciting re-release of one of the finest albums ever recorded.
‘Visions of the Country’ was originally released on the hugely successful Windham Hill label back in 1978, as one of their earliest releases. Grass-Tops Recording (GrassTopsRecording.com) and Gnome Life Records (GnomeLifeRecords.com) have teamed up to bring this lost masterwork back to the public for the first time since it’s original release.
Grass-Tops Recording will be handling the CD reissue, and Gnome Life Records will be issuing an LP version. This record has been faithfully restored and remastered by Kyle Fosburgh (KyleFosburgh.com), Joe Churchich (Squeaky Clean Audio, Andover, MN), Andrew Weathers (AndrewWeathers.com), and John Dark (Curator at Windhaming.com). Both formats (CD/LP) are available for pre-order on each website now!
About Grass-Tops Recording
Grass-Tops Recording is a record label dedicated to archiving/reissuing music from the past, as well as featuring news artists who are blazing trails with original innovations in sound.
Kyle Fosburgh, Owner/Founder